Summer Swim Camp FAQ
1. What are the age limits for the summer camp?
- Maximum Velocity Swim Camp is a co-ed camp for swimmers ages 8-18. In accordance with the NCAA guidelines, Maximum Velocity Swim Camp is open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level and/or gender of it participants.
2. Is payment due in full at time of registration?
- No. You have the option to pay in full once completing registration or choosing one of our payment plans.
- A deposit of $150.00 due at time of registration.
3. When does registration close for camp?
- Registration is open until June 10, 2023.
4. What is the difference between a "resident" and "commuter" camper?
- Maximum Velocity offers two enrollment options - resident and commuter. A resident camper (also called "overnight" camper) stays on campus in the residence halls on Liberty University's campus. The resident camper fee includes all instruction, housing, and meals. A commuter camper (also called a "day" camper) commutes between home and camp each day. The commuter camper fee includes all instruction and two meals (lunch and dinner).
5. Do camps offer any scholarships or discounts?
- NCAA rules prohibit us from offering scholarships; however, we do offer a sibling discount for registering more than one child from same family. A 10% discount will be applied per child when checking out.
6. Where can I find the camp schedule?
- Camp schedule can be found on Maximum Velocity Website.
7. What if my child needs to leave camp early?
- If you child needs to leave camp early for any reason, the Camp Director (Jessica Barnes) must be notified, in writing. No camper shall be released without consent from a Parent/Guardian.
8. What type of supervision do you provide? Are campers supervised at all times?
- Safety is our first priority and is particularly important in and around the residence halls. Attendance is taken at the beginning of each session and at bed check time. Camp directors assign camp staff personnel to actively and directly supervise campers. Even when there is no formal instruction taking place, campers are briefed thoroughly to know where to go and who to see should they need assistance. All residence doors are locked twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
9.Who are the coaches/counselors?
- Coaches and camp counselors consist of Liberty University Swimming and Diving Staff and current/former Liberty University student-athletes who have coaches and competed at the elite level of Division I swimmer. Maximum Velocity Swimming also employs coaches from other colleges, who have experience coaching at the college or club level.
- Each program provides trained counselors (also considered to be Authorized Adults) who must be at least 18 years of age. A staff member who is at least 21 years of age is also accessible to campers.
10. What is the refund policy?
- To receive a refund Jessica Barnes: email@example.com must be notified at least 14 days before camp begins and will incur a $150.00 administrative fee. Cancellations occurring inside the two week period before the start of camp will incur a $200.00 administrative fee. Refunds are not issued for any swimming related injury and/or illness occurring during camp.